Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sky Might Fall (7-9-10)

When I woke this morning I wondered to myself if it had really happened. I flipped on espn and sure enough it was real and not a dream. With Lebron going to South Beach and leaving his hometown Cleveland to join Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade to form there own powerhouse as Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, & Kevin Garnett did in 2008. On paper the Miami Heat Big Three seems like they could bring at least four championships to South Beach. What Miami is going to have to do is get key role players for the minimum salary. In theory that shouldn’t be hard, who wouldn’t want to play with three of the best players in the game? One player of the heat I think you should watch for and develop into a good player is Mario Chalmers. The Former KU guard is coming into his third year and has averaged 8.6 ppg and 4.2 ast. Even though he only started twenty two games last year this coming season I would say is a make or break.
I almost kind of want this back fire on the great King James. Cleveland did not deserve what they got, I don’t hold Lebron going to Miami against him, it’s how he did it. There was no reason for him to set up a national address last night. His actions last night showed the true meaning of Lebron, what he showed last night to the world was that he's immature, narcissistic, and has a pseudo god like persona.
The Cavs fans deserve better than that. I understand in the end it’s a business. But to see what the city of Cleveland has gone through in the world of sports in my life time is almost sad. The Browns have had draft bust after draft bust and not to mention in 1996 they were sold and went to Baltimore and won the Superbowl in 2000. The Indians haven’t won a World series since 1948 and choked in 1997 with only two outs away, They also traded away two Cy Young winners Cliff Lee & C.C. Sabathia. Lebron was Cleveland’s only hope to end the darkness and bring light to the city of Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment